Air conditioning system forms an important part of a household. The air conditioning system is known to supply cool air across the space of a room. However, with constant usage, the system tends to accumulate a lot of dirt and debris. If the dirt and debris aren’t cleaned, the system would circulate polluted air. Inhaling the polluted air can lead to a lot of health problems. Hence, it would be better if homeowners opt for air duct cleaning services in Toronto.
Cleaning the Air Ducts
Cleaning the ducts of the air conditioning system is very important. It can get rid of dust and debris. At the same time, it gets rid of mold growth within the ducts. The presence of moisture within the ducts can lead to the growth of mold and bacteria.
Harmful bacteria spread through the air whenever the system is turned on. People with respiratory problems might suffer from chronic bronchitis and asthma attacks. In case, you don’t want yourself and your loved one to suffer from chronic respiratory diseases, get the air conditioning vents cleaned.
Cleaning Air Conditioning Vents
Whenever the question of cleaning air conditioning system comes up, you might think about the components that need to be cleaned. For instance, one would need to clean the supply and return registers, supply and return vents, return trunks, and return vent grills. In order to start the air duct cleaning services in Toronto task, high-mechanized tools are required.
High-end tools can easily get rid of the dust, debris, and other harmful contaminants present within the ducts. These tools are usually available with professional duct cleaners. Homeowners can easily call them or take the task of cleaning in their own hands by following the DIY tutorials.
Cleaning the Vents
In order to clean the vents, one would need to follow some basic steps.
- For air duct cleaning services in Toronto, the supply air register needs to be turned off.
- With the help of vacuum, dust, debris, cobwebs can be removed from the vent covers. Vacuum with tools like crevice can be very useful for this task.
- The screws that cover the vents need to be removed. Sometimes the vent covers are held by clips. By pressing the vent clip the cover can be released. After removing the vent cover, it can be soaked in the soap and water solution.
- Once the vent cover is left soaking in the solution, you can turn on the fan of the thermostat. The dust will move and you can easily brush away the dust from the place. Accessible areas should be reached during air duct cleaning services in Toronto service and get rid of dust buildup.
- Once you are done with the sweeping and cleaning job, you will need to blow cool air on the joints of the vents. It would dry up the moisture and prevent rust.
- Once the vent is properly cleaned, you can reinstall the vent cover.
Air duct cleaning services in Toronto professionals by cleaning the vents can avert vent fires and other health problems. So in order to remain safe, one should start with the cleaning of the ducts and vents after every three months.